Recipe - Fridge Soup

Hi everyone!
I told you I would be posting a recipe ;) But not to worry, this is a super easy one. I just wanted something fun to share with you which has minor chance of failure or drama, and that is my Fridge Soup. What on earth is fridge soup you may think... well, it's this:

Sure looks nice, doesnt it? And I'm telling you, it tastes even better!

The recipe for this is easy peasy. I usually make this on a Sunday night for my lunch for the following week. What you do is you basically take all the vegetables you have in your fridge, chop them up, put them in a big pot and add stock. And maybe some herbs and spices, and also tomato paste. You can even use meat if you have any left. I had a whole pack of bacon in this case which I quickly fried up and added when the soup was done. 

This particular soup contained leek, carrots, butternut squash, onion, zucchini, celery, potatoes, and bacon. The one I made after I made this one had spinach, zucchini, carrots, onions, potatoes, leek, broccoli, and probably a lot more. So you can add pretty much anything that you want in your soup. I always add tomato paste to the stock for a bit of extra flavour, and the bf had the brilliant idea of adding freshly chopped chilis as well. Just the thing you need in these super cold days, and if you are out of time to use all your vegetable in other dishes before they expire. The chopping takes a bit of time, but other than that there is really nothing to be done :) 

I love making this as no soup is ever the same, and with some freshly baked bread, it's really a gorgeous lunch. I even take the whole lot to the office so I don't have to carry one portion every day and just slowly finish it. And it saves lots of money too :) I hope you like this as well! What do you put in yours?

Comments

  1. I featured you today on Blissful and Domestic! Check it out! :)

    http://www.blissfulanddomesticrecipes.com/2015/02/20-comforting-winter-soups.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus