Recipe - Apple Pecan Cobbler

Hi everyone!
The Great British Bake-off is on again and has totally inspired me to take up baking again. Well, that and my funny ice-cream apron of course ;) I have this binder where I keep all the recipes that people have given me over the years, and I am trying to actually make everything in there once (which is handy because if something is really terrible, I can just throw away the recipe). We had a ton of apples left so I wanted to make muffins or something, but then I stumbled onto this recipe. A quick online search actually shows it HERE on Allrecipes also so it is much easier to link to the site than it is to retype the whole recipe. I have a feeling whoever gave me this recipe got it from there anyway ;)

You will need:
4 cups thinly sliced apples
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup chopped pecans


Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Generously grease a 2-quart baking dish.
  2. Arrange apple slices in an even layer in the baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup pecans. Sprinkle mixture over apples.
  3. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together egg, evaporated milk, and melted butter. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture all at once, and stir until smooth. Pour mixture over apples, and sprinkle top with 1/4 cup pecans.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven for 55 minutes.
I actually measured my dish and it was 2 liters. According to my reference that equals 2 quart. I think something may have gone wrong as it would have been more cakey in a smaller dish, but now I know for next time :) It still came out rather yummy I must say:


I dont have any pics of the serving, because serving a cobbler in a tasty and appealing way is rather impossible. Really, if you know how to do it please tell me! But in the meantime, I will finish this lovely crumble and hopefully make something with bananas tomorrow in honour of more Bake-off. Ready, set, BAKE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus