Homemade Pepernoten

Heyhey everyone!
Wow it has been a while... We went on holidays a couple of weeks ago and even though I had pre-blogged to keep all of you entertained while I was away (does that sound very bad?), I didnt actually manage to blog since we returned as I caught a really bad cold on the way back and was out of the running for a couple of weeks. Now that I am a little better I'm busy buying Christmas presents and trying to find time between work and social life to make some as well for friends and family who have been
promised some handmade gifts. Aaarghhhh! So busy!

In the meantime, tomorrow it's Sinterklaas. To be fair, I dont really have the energy for it right now, but I do want to celebrate at least a little bit. So why not celebrate on Sunday when we have the whole day for it? Because I just spent the entire day trying to buy presents before the major rush starts... So tomorrow morning I have to decorate the house before I leave for work and then in the evening we do the presents (we each get one small present and some chocolates). Although really, I forgot to buy chocolates!! Oops... Oh wait, I can use the ones I had planned for Christmas hihi...

I did take some time out to make some pepernoten myself (last year my best friend sent me some) and they didnt turn out great but not too bad either. Most of them will go to my work colleagues anyway ;) I even pimped a plastic container with some wrapping paper to make it look nicer. Below are today's kitchen achievements:

My pepernoten, there are some in the container already as well. One batch is about 1/3rd of the container and I already spent 2 hrs making that one batch!

Some banana muffins in case the pepernoten are a disaster... I hope these are nice as I havent tried them yet...

So lots got done today... I still need to make a phone pouch for my niece and some lights for on the stairs... so much to do, so little time! Let's have some tea first :) Hope to be blogging again soon, just bear with me :)

Comments

  1. Ok - I've never heard of pepernoten - must go and google it! they look quite yummy little snacks!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus